15 October 2007

Rio de Janeiro




The most beautiful city I have seen yet. Renaissance architecture fused with modern technology and traditional shrines to Jesus and The Mother Mary. Poverty and crime is more present but that does not stop one from dancing in the streets and singing from the balconies.

I was on a whirlwind trip for three days. A tease that left me wanting more of the Corcovado, the Pão de Açúcar, and the beautiful, beautiful beaches – white sand with water that really is as blue as the postcards.

We danced every afternoon and evening for three full days. I learned to samba (with a partner), some new swing moves, and even a little tango. Exquisite I think would be the right word here. Simply exquisite.

As you can see I have finally learned how to add pictures! Whoot whoot! I have been using Blogger in Portuguese so please forgive the language barrier and my technology retardation. Yes, I finally found the little icon of the “picture” where it says, “Upload picture,” in Portuguese. More fun to come!

Love to all and thanks for keeping tabs on me!

Beijos!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Oooooooh!
I may lose you to South America yet, my dear!

I'm so glad that Rio was all that you hoped for, and more!