10 October 2007

English Lessons

Okay, so I know you are all waiting to hear about what I really came for – to teach conversational English. Right? Well, this month I have finished my official lessons and I am going to say that it was harder than I thought it would be but, also a lot more fun than it could have been. The most interesting discovery that I had was finding that a lot of words in English and Portuguese are very similar in spelling and pronunciation, just with a little tongue twist. It makes it a little easier to understand what someone is trying to tell me. The fun part was looking up words that I didn’t know the meaning to or how to explain the meaning such as, covered wagon, scaffolding, swing, and vignette. Needless to say my, “artistic skills” (stick figures and all) came in very handy. Along with my trusty dictionary – thank you Mr. Webster!

No comments: